Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter arrived in Langley


Hello friends..winter arrived 0n the westcoast of Canada last night..we had approximtely 20 cm of the white stuff..came during the night, in very wet, and stuck very prettily to roofs, trees and shrubs..however my DH was supposed to fly out to Calgary this am, the ungodly hour of 6am...so got up at 3:30am, fired up the web site for the airline and behold the flight was cancelled. They could change his flight to for 9am, but that would get in too late for his 1 day course. DH cancelled the trip..my daughter was so looking forward to seeing him and vise-versa..and of course he would miss holding lil bug.....such is life..we hope to see her in March for a family wedding..My heart goes out to those suffering in Australia with the flooding....my heart is broken for the people of Arizona..Please send prayers, good thoughts and angels to watch over those who need our hand in love and kindness.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bettyann :) Your picture looks just like it does here! I am already ready for spring, lol! I am so sorry your dh had to cancel his trip :( I too feel awful for this in Australia and Arizona :( So, so sad :(
Stay warm and safe sweetie!
Love,
Amy

Unknown said...

First of all: A belated happy new year to you and your loved ones! Yes, I should have done this earlier, but got caught up in so much other stuff.
I love seeing Maddy grow and getting a real girly girl! Also too bad that DH couldn't see her on his trip. Thesnow looks beautiful, we are having rain already for 6 days in a row.

My thoughts are with all the people in Australia and Arizona (and in other places where they need it) They need our thoughts and their Angels! I'll be back soon! ((((HUGS)))

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hello BettyAnn, what pretty white stuff. Please add my prayers to yours for the folks in Australia and Arizona. Prayers and good thoughts to you and your family.
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Jan Hennings said...

BURRRR!! Winter here in Iowa, too! So cold this morning and were to get more snow and freezing rain!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh what a lovely image. I will trade you a day of sunshine for a day of snow.

Lorrie said...

And now the snow is all gone - but there's still not a lot of sunshine. I hope your day is going well.

Serena Lewis said...

Hi BettyAnn,

Too bad your hubby couldn't catch his flight out due to the weather. Being a new Grandma, I totally understand your craving to hold your grand-daughter again....a week goes by here and I start having Mikayla withdrawals. lol

Thanks for the well wishes for Australia...the human spirit never fails to amaze me. Quite literally, a volunteer army of regular people descended upon the flood affected areas the moment the waters receded to help with the clean-up....made me feel so proud to be an Aussie. They estimate it will be a couple of years before Queensland is fully back on her feet but it takes a lot more than a flood to keep us Aussies down so I reckon it will be sooner. :)

Stay warm,
Serena xo

Naturegirl said...

Hello BettyAnn!Stay warm and here in AZ we are experiencing record breaking C-O-L-D temperatures!!Waving with mittens on!