Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pillow cases



Pillowcases...I love old pillowcases...back to the day of my childhood...hung on the line to dry...smell so fresh falling to sleep..began collecting at charity shops... crisp white from the 60's...wild floral from the 70's..collected for pennies..priceless..begun to make easy cute lil dreses for my granddaughters...fun...bliss to deal with my DH unemployment..sigh..it will be better..thanks for listening dear friends..off to look for another pillowcase.....

6 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

OH, the pillow dress is SO pretty! I too love lying my head on a fresh line-dried pillowcase...bliss!

I hope things improve with the employment side of things.

Hugs,
Serena xo

Lorrie said...

What a pretty pillowcase dress. Lucky granddaughters. I love a crisp pillowcase when I lay down at night. If I wake in the night, I often flip my pillow to get that cool feeling for a few seconds again.

Unemployment is a hard thing to deal with. My husband was in the same boat a couple of years ago. It's tough. I feel for you. I hope things change soon.

Decor To Adore said...

I too love pillowcases.

I am keeping you in prayer. Thank you SO very much for your prayers my friend.

I'd love for you to pop by for a visit. I am hosting a $50 Kirklands Giftcard Giveaway.

Unknown said...

Ooooooh, just love that little dress! That is soooo cute!
I have this thing for linens too, always attract me...........

Betty Anne said...

The little dress is just too cute, your granddaughter will love it.
Sorry to hear about your husbands unemployment problems. My husband has been out of work a lot the past few years. I guess employment isn't any better in BC then it is in Ontario.

Lila Rostenberg said...

I'll have to try those pillowcase dresses! Thanks for the inspiration! Projects like this are good for the soul!