Monday, May 10, 2010

Going Away For a Birth !!!!!!


I'm going to be away for awhile..On Wednesday, I will be flying to Calgary , Canada. My daughter Jenn is having her first child, and my first grandchild. Her due date is May 15..She is scheduled for an induction on the 15. I will try to help her and her partner with the birth, she wants me to be in the birthing room !!!. I have attended at 2 others births, but this is one I'm a little aprenhensive... My DH will drive up (14 hrs direct) at the end of May..bringing, if you can believe, a U-Haul trailer full of goodies, a refinished cannon-ball bed and side tables, rocking chair which is a great-grandmother's, a bassinet from my childhood..and of course, clothes, toys and gifts from friends and families.. We will acquire a crib for them...Will be back in Vancouver June6..the following week-end I am holding a wedding shower for my Son's fiancee...so I won't be visiting your lovely blogs. for awhile... WIll post pictures of my new grandbaby..I think I'm going to be called Nana..Take care friends..BYE-BYE..

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

Oh how happy! Enjoy every minute.

Vicki Chrisman said...

HOW FUN!!! Cant wait to see pictures!! ENJOY!

Natasha Burns said...

oh wow!
have an amazing time, as i am certian you will! can't wait to see the pics of your first grandchild!