Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Heart of Our Home...

Before I show you the heart of our home..I must introduce you to the keeper of the clock, refrigerator..Meet Niala..right now she is telling me that I have been keeping her waiting far too long for dinner......


We have a window by the computer..I look into greenery and because I finally have the time, plants flourish here now..

Although, it is a cool and rainy day here on the west coast of canada, or as we call it, the "wet" coast..I look forward to relaxing on our patio, greeting friends and family for B-B-Q's or having kool-aid toasts when the weather is warm..


I don't care what many people think, but I love Ikea, fresh, clean, functional and inexpensive..Here I have out to use, my hand-me-down Cuisinart, grinder, blender to make yummy drinks, and everyday baking and cooking dishes..love this island..


Here my loving husband made this area the way I wanted it to look...desk for computer..family dishes, collectibles, cookbooks, baskets..fun goodies....

Here I read your blogs, send e-mails to friends and family, pay my bills on-line (just love that), search and print new receipes to delight, filing cabinet holds address book, stamps, extra printing paper and file folders for bills, ...

The kitchen is the one that I have always wanted, open to the dining area and living room..We entertain more here than ever before ... I love to work in kitchen to see and hear my guests..I am no longer isolated in the kitchen...Plenty of room for people to circulate, check out the fridge, step outside...
So thank you for coming and seeing the Heart of our Home...toodles..Take care...



6 comments:

Bunnym said...

Seems like I spend a lot of time in the kitchen too, except mine is closed. I would much rather have one like yours...open. Seems your hubby is handy too...don cha' just love that? Have a good one Bettyann.

tootles,
bunny

Maggie said...

Thanks for sharing your house with us. Very pretty! Your cat is cute :)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh the keeper of time is purrfectly delightful.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your work area is exactly what I need as a craft area as I only have one wall to work with in our tv room. One day, I'm gonna get it done. Just gotta find a desk or a hutch or something to start the process. Your sweet kittie is like Jingles. In fact, I have to fill up her dish enough at nite so that she doesn't wake us up too early on the weekends. When her dish is empty, she meows until somebody fills it -- same with her water dish. She is so bossy! Hope you are having a great day! :) Tammy

Anonymous said...

Your computer is just where mine is by a window. I can keep track of the people coming in and out of our neighborhood. I can watch the birds and hear the fountain on the front porch.

Great minds think alike!

Hugs, Gretchen

Jenny said...

Your open kitchen is really lovely. Thanks for the house tour!