Monday, January 4, 2010

First Project of 2010




I found a very cute book in the library called "Baby Gifts" by Ethel Brennan. I tried one of the ideas in the book- a cashmere sweater.... Now don't worry, the pink sweater was found at my Salvation Army for $5.00. Anyway, I cut up the sweater and made a practice run. Not too bad. I think the arms are too long, yet followed the pattern. I have to buy some pink ribbon to finish the front edges. Talked to my GF and I am going to x the next one by 1.25, thus I will have a lovely sweater for my grand child to be...Love the idea of cashmere so decandant for so little price...This year is the year of me taking chances and doing art outside of my comfort zone. Boy it's fun! I am also working on felted blocks, cut from shrunken sweaters.Off to the cutting matt..lookout women running with rotary scissors!!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Bettyann, this is gorgeous! I love the color and who doesnt adore cashmere? You did a beautiful job! Good for you trying new things! I need to do that too :)
You are a sweetie pie and I love ya! Thank you for all your support!
Hugs,
Amy

Tina said...

Hi BettyAnn
Thank you so much for visiting over at my place and for entering my giveaway
Happy New Year
~ Tina

Anonymous said...

The sweater looks to cute and the little one will look so cute in it.

Willow

Jacque said...

Hello BettyAnn...thank you for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit! I hope you come again! We love having company.

I have been reading your blog and it sounds like you are a busy lady too! Life is so much fun when you have projects--LOL.

Have a great week!

Jacque said...

P.S. I LOVE your yellow rose blog header!!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi BettyAnn: Thank you for the kind words. I love that sweater idea. I am getting ready for crafts, not quite there yet. Just finished taking off Christmas today. Blessings dear friend, Martha

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I just love a repurposed project and cashmere, yum!

Thank you for the heads up about the video. I think I have fixed it. (Fingers crossed.)

Unknown said...

OOooooh, that is such a cool thing to do. Your tiny girl is going to love it (well, probably her mom, LOL)
Too cute!
Can't wait to see the final result.

Lila Rostenberg said...

Oh, cashmere is SO soft! I think you are doing a super job with it! Re-making something is so fun and creative!
I think the graphics on your blog are charming!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Plus, imagine how cuddly a baby would be in cashmere! They are already the most cuddly things on the planet!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks great to me. Of course, I don't know how to sew and wouldn't have the faintest idea how to start cutting up a sweater and making it into something else. I do want to try my hand this year at some handsewing, small pieces -- but just gotta get to the point of being able to do so. So much I want to do. Some days there is so little time for it all. Wishing you a most blessed day and thanks for stopping by. Tammy :)

Lorrie said...

This colour is wonderful - and isn't it great to pick up stuff at the Sally Ann to repurpose?

I like what you've said about experimenting with new stuff this year - going out of your comfort zone. What a great attitude!
Lorrie