Thursday, January 21, 2010

Get Moving!!!

Well this has been me these past 3 months..Hibernating and Eating..I have an internal whine going on.."I'l look fat in the wedding picturesBlah, Blah, Blah....So Today I said, enough is enough.... got my walking shoes on..yoga stretch pants, wind breaker..sunglasses..yes there was a little sun today..MP3 player..check..keys..check..library card..check..So out I went for an hour walk..BOY the first hill was a killer..then walk flat ground for awhile..down hill..then the bigger hill.."One foot in front of the other"..winding around the neighbourhood...library for books and water..off to drug store and then home...shower..lunch..
I feel better..I am so lazy sometimes..So I have made dates with friends and sister for the next few weeks... I am meeting with someone every second day..I have to trick my mind into moving again..Once I do I know I feel better. I am going to be a grandma this spring and a MIL in July..I refuse to be old and fat...Well ..here I go 1 step at a time!!!









10 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Keep moving! It is the best thing you can do. One day of rest, one day of activity. Sounds like a winning combination to me. Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. :) Tammy

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Just take one day at a time and promise to be good to yourself and getting in shape is the most important thing you can do.

Willow

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I hear you! Thanks for the reminder! :)

Sea Witch said...

Keep moving. If you have access to a pool, walk in the pool. When you move in water, you have lots of resistance and this is great for your calorie burning but no stress on your joints. I walk in water with weights all of the time always feel great when I'm done Sea Witch

Bettyann said...

Thanks for the advice and good wishes..My sister and I did alot of walking in vancouver on Saturday..had fun and burnt calories..oops..had a wonderful chocolate truffle..lol

Unknown said...

Good for you Bettyann!! I have really been working at it too. I cant wait til it gets warmer so I can walk!
Keep it up sweetie!
Hugs,
Amy

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Bettyann: I can really relate to you. I have to get in gear. You have encouraged me. Thanks, Martha

Lila Rostenberg said...

It is wonderful that you can walk to your library! Getting moving is what will keep us young!
My chiropractor says to get up and stretch and walk after every 45 min. at the minimum!

I love the illustration of the butterflies in the stomach (torso?).

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Making plans to meet up with someone really helps, doesn't it? Good luck!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Me too... hibernating and eating that is!! You have inspired me my friend...thank you so much for the frank post and the good example!!
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x