Wednesday, September 16, 2009

OH NO..Fall is Coming


Summer..Barbecues, family gathering ,birthdays, weddings, swimming outdoors, long hot days and nights..I read books like: Baking Cakes in Kigali..206 Bones..The Power of Acceptance..French for Dummies, many cookbooks.. Movies-Harry Potter, Julie and Julia (loved both)..today I received 20 lbs. of freshly picked apples, made apple pie and apple crumble..it rained all day..the tree in the back has lost its leaves..for dinner we had fall food - baked chicken, rice and steamed cauliflower with asiago cheese..oh well.. I will go kicking and screaming into fall and winter..I wear shorts in the house until snow... enjoy the last few days of summer..take care friends..

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Enjoy this time...I love the fall and miss the change of seasons since moving west. I will admit that I don't miss the snow...lol

Unknown said...

YES! I love this post because I too do NOT want fall and winter to come!!! Spring and summer make me so happy!!
Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting on my blog about GL. I watched the last epsiode and it was bitter sweet.

You have a nice blog.

Willow

Decor To Adore said...

Oh apple pie! My heart be still. Here I am praying for winter. :) It always just depends on where you live.... :)

Bettyann said...

the apple pie was eaten and smelled good but I wasn't happy about the filling, I made an open-face custard type and the custard was too scrambled egg-like...

Martha's Favorites said...

Your are so funny. I can't wait until fall. I hate the heat. I live in Los Angeles, we do not have a real winter. It is fake like a lot of things around here. I can smell the apple pie! Blessings, Martha

The Feathered Nest said...

I would probably feel the same way sweetie if I lived in Canada!!! In Georgia we welcome the fall as a relief from the awful heat of summer...and I wear shorts inside all year long too!!! xxoo, Dawn